Congratulations Dr. Stan Krolikoski, Recipient of the 2013 Leadership Award
Dr. Stan Krolikoski has been honored with the 2013 Accellera Systems Initiative Leadership Award for his vision and contributions to EDA and IP standards.
Dr. Stan Krolikoski is recognized for his significant impact on the EDA industry both within Accellera and in its predecessor organizations. He has served as an officer of several standards initiatives for over the past 25 years and has provided leadership at many key nexus points in standards history.
Stan gained his knowledge and experience in standards organizations through his hands-on work in the merger of Accellera and Open SystemC Initiative (creating Accellera Systems Initiative); OVI and VI (creating Accellera); and The SPIRIT Consortium merger with Accellera.
"Stan is a pioneer in our industry and has played an integral role in the development of EDA standards used worldwide," said Shishpal Rawat, Accellera Systems Initiative chair.
Most recently, Stan developed the patent policy for Accellera and a completely new IP Policy for Accellera Systems Initiative, both of which align with the IEEE — which alignment he sought and received. This Accellera IP Policy in use today is of such thoroughness and quality that the IEEE is reviewing it as a model for revisions to its own policy.
Stan also serves as distinguished engineer at Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- He is a co-founder of Accellera, and one of the key individuals that brought VI and OVI together to form the organization in 2000
- He is co-founder and early chair of the IEEE DASS, and current chair of the IEEE DASC
- He served as the SystemC P1666 chair
- For six years he served as chair of IEEE 1076, which developed VHDL ’93
- He was the first US representative to the IEC TC 93 (EDA) Working Group
- He helped start the dual logo process with the IEEE in the mid-1990s that has positively affected several Accellera standards
- He played a pivotal role in the development of OSCI and the SystemC open source implementation; later he helped with the merger of OSCI and Accellera to form Accellera Systems Initiative
With his long term and significant contributions to the industry, it is with great pleasure that Accellera Systems Initiative names Stan Krolikoski as recipient of the 2013 Accellera Systems Initiative Leadership Award.